Water & Sewer Services
Water system users sometimes need to have their service shut off so that they can make repairs or complete a renovation or demolition. Others who do not reside at their property year-round may wish to have their water service shut off during the winter months.
Water service shut-off/turn-on
Anyone who wants their water service shut off or turned on should first contact the Municipal office to pay the associated fee. A Work Order will then be submitted to the Public Works department.
Please note that:
- Public Works requires 48-hour notice of a turn on/shut off request
- Water service turn on/shut off will not be available after 11 am on Fridays or at any time on weekends, except in an emergency situation
- When a water service is being turned on, the property owner or a person designated by the property owner must be present and have access to the building on the property that has water service
Locates of water/sewer services
The Public Works department will identify the location of water and sewer lines as well as service boxes on municipal property.
- Locates will not be performed after 11 am on Fridays or at any time on weekends, except in an emergency situation
- The Municipality is not responsible for collecting information about or locating lines that are on private property (i.e., on the property owner’s side of the service box).