All Saints Cemetery1003 Highway 637, east of the Village of Killarney
This cemetery is in a wooded area about 6 kilometres east of Killarney village. It was established by the Municipality in the mid-1980s. Full lot and cremation burials are allowed. See the All Saints Cemetery By-law for information about the procedure and costs involved.
St. Joseph’s/St. Bonaventure’s Cemetery41 Commissioner Street, in Killarney Village
Full lot burials are no longer permitted in this cemetery. A limited number of cremation burials are permitted on grave sites of direct ancestors if the grave site has a permanent marker. See the All Saints Cemetery By-law for information about the procedure and costs involved.
Formerly operated by the Parish Council, under the Roman Catholic Diocese of Sault Ste. Marie, this cemetery is more than a century old. It was already in use in 1885, when St. Joseph’s Church was built to replace an earlier one. In 1951, St. Joseph’s church was replaced by a new structure with a new name – St. Bonaventure’s church. This cemetery was transferred from the Diocese of Sault Ste. Marie to the Township of Rutherford & George Island (now the Municipality of Killarney) in 1989.
Bigwood CemeteryEast End of Hartley Bay Road
This was the site of a private family cemetery for many years. Located on a portion of farmland, over the years it became a community cemetery, although it remained under private ownership. Today it is recognized by the Province as a Municipal cemetery, but it is closed to burials of any kind, whether full lot or cremation. An iron cross marks the site, but there are no headstones or crosses marking the graves.
View or download:
Killarney Cemetery Bylaw